Posted 1 month ago
The Janitor is responsible for keeping the workplace clean, organized and disinfected.
What you’ll be doing:
- General cleaning including but not limited to sanitizing restrooms and break areas.
- Conducting a weekly inventory of supplies and equipment needed to maintain sanitation.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and scrubbing floors. Waxing floors as required.
- Collecting and disposing of trash in and outdoors.
- Replenishing tissue, towels, soap, and other sanitary stations.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned to ensure a clean and sanitary working environment.
What you should have:
- Ability to lift, push and pull 40+ lbs consistently throughout the shift.
- Previous janitorial experience within the last year preferred.
- Ability to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch and work in uncomfortable positions.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to safety rules.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, over-time, double-time and holidays throughout the duration of our pack season (May to September); this is critical to support the needs of the business and is subject to change.
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily standing and walking.
- Experience in packing sheds.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.