Production Forklift Operator
Reedley, CA, Traver, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Forklift Operators are responsible for operating and managing industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, trucks or storage facilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operating a sit-down forklift to load, unload and move material, packed product, and other goods.
- Performing pre-op and post-op forklift inspections; reporting any repairs necessary.
- Lifting and stacking material and product as needed.
- Maintain work area clean and free of any fruit on the floor, leaves, or debris.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
What you should have:
- Ability to lift, push and pull 40+ lbs consistently throughout the shift.
- Previous forklift experience within the last year.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to safety rules.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, over-time, double-time and holidays throughout the duration of our pack season (May to September); this is critical to support the needs of the business and is subject to change.
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily sitting
- Experience in agriculture.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience using a single-double forklift and other powered industrial equipment (gas & electric).