The Night Sanitation Laborer is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing various components of our pack line equipment and workstations to remove fruit, leaves, and any other debris.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing sanitation work on fresh fruit packing equipment with company-provided tools, personal protective equipment, cleaning agents and sanitizing chemicals.
- Dry cleaning and wet cleaning practices on rollers, belts, brushes, and framework.
- Foaming and rinsing wet areas.
- Sweeping, mopping, and emptying trash cans.
- Maintaining your work area clean and free of any fruit, leaves, or debris.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
What you should have:
- Ability to lift, push and pull 40+ lbs consistently throughout the shift.
- Previous sanitation experience within the last year.
- Ability to maintain a high level of physical activity for prolonged periods and to work mainly standing up, crawling, kneeling, walking, lying on back and stomach and in reduced spaces.
- Ability to climb and descend stairs frequently throughout the shift.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work at various heights.
- Commitment to safety rules.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, over-time, double-time and holidays throughout the duration of our pack season (May to September); this is critical to support the needs of the business and is subject to change.
- Experience in agriculture.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.