Reedley, CA, Traver, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The General Laborer is responsible for performing various supporting tasks to aid daily post-harvest operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Stacking and unstacking boxes of fruit that may weigh up to 40+ lbs.
- Providing packaging material to fruit packers and stocking the trolley system with necessary material.
- Forming boxes and other packaging material.
- Washing and stacking totes.
- Maintaining your work area clean and free of any fruit, leaves, or debris.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
What you should have:
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs consistently throughout the shift.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily standing.
- Ability to climb and descend stairs frequently throughout the shift.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to safety rules.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, over-time, double-time and holidays throughout the duration of our pack season (May to September); this is critical to support the needs of the business and is subject to change.
- Experience in agriculture.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail