Reedley, CA, Traver, CA
Posted 3 months ago
A fruit packer is responsible for ensuring only the highest quality fruit is packed for shipment and meets or exceeds the Company’s established quality standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Quickly and accurately classify and pack different varieties of stone fruit.
- Review fruit samples multiple times throughout the day to ensure proper classification of defects.
- Provide general labor support to other departments as needed. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
What you should have:
- 1-3 months of experience within the last year of packing and classifying fresh fruit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret small numbers and letters.
- Physical stamina. Ability to work long shifts, stand in place for long periods of time, and perform highly repetitive tasks, such as grasping fruit, twisting at the neck and waist, walking, climbing stairs, and constantly reaching above and below shoulders. Ability to push, pull, lift 30+ lbs throughout the duration of the work shift.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, over-time, double-time and holidays throughout the duration of our pack season (May to September); this is critical to support the needs of the business and is subject to change.
- Experience in working with stone fruit.