- Serving Size: 24 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar Pinch salt
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 24 (3-inch) frozen tart shells, thawed according to package directions
- 4 nectarines, white or yellow-flesh, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- Frangipane: In stand mixer, combine butter, sugar and salt; beat for 5 to 7 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add ground almonds and mix for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl between additions. Add vanilla and flour; mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Tarts: Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly prick bottom of tart shells with fork. Fill tarts evenly with Frangipane. Top each tart with 3 or 4 nectarine slices, slightly overlapping.
- Bake in bottom third of oven for about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown, nectarines are tender and frangipane is golden and puffed. Combine apricot jam with 1 tbsp water and lightly brush over tarts. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve tarts warm or at room temperature.
Family Tree Farms - Our Mission is to Consistently Produce, Package and Market the Most Flavorful Fruit in the World.