Makes 4 – 8oz servings.
- 1 ½ Cups fresh blueberries (rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 – 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ Cup powdered sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 Tbsp.)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 – 3.4 oz pkg. instant lemon pudding
- 2 Cups milk
- Prepared vanilla pound cake, cut into 1″ cubes
- Ginger or shortbread cookies (optional)
- Add blueberries, sugar and water to saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine with electric mixer until very smooth: cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Prepare pudding mix according to box directions. Add pudding to cream cheese mixture. Mix at medium speed until creamy.
- Prepare trifles: Place 1 layer of pound cake cubes in the bottom of each glass. Top with a layer of cream cheese mixture. Next add 1/4 of the blueberry sauce to each glass. Repeat with another layer of pound cake and cream cheese mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate for several hours. Just before serving, top with crumbled cookies (optional).
Family Tree Farms - Our Mission is to Consistently Produce, Package and Market the Most Flavorful Fruit in the World.